Friday 29 June 2012

Once more into the breach dear friends!

Take a look at what I just bought




Now thats a bit sexy isn't it.

 A bit of a confession to make today (don't worry, its all relevant to the Spitfire) I have never before actually made a scale model kit! I know, right? Its a bit bewildering to me as well considering how many years of Wargaming, board gaming and figure painting I have been through. 

To be totally honest it scares the crap out of me but I feel like a change.

Not to be deterred, I have resolved to make painting 1/72 scale models the main focus of several projects this year. 
Why 1/72? Mainly because I'm cheap... no, more to do with the fact that it is (from what I've seen) by far the easiest scale to buy a diverse range of figures and machines from all periods in, also I live in a shoe box sized building and any attempt by me to hang a 1/24 scale aircraft from the ceiling would probably end up with my wife hanging ME from the ceiling by... erm, something else...

So, why the Spitfire?? Well its like this. Since this will be my first attempt at a scale model, it HAS to be a Spitfire. Its the rules. That I have just made up.

Hopefully some pics of the intended disaster next post.

Great, well I'm off to glue my fingers together then, see you!





No comments:

Post a Comment