Monday 23 February 2015

Amazingly Graceless

So here's a quick update on how my latest B17G and her fine crew are getting on.
Here is (please, don't get excited) - The crew of the 'Heavy Burtation'!



This is the third bird I've taken up since starting to play Microprose's 'B17 Flying Fortress' and I have to say that, by George, I might be starting to get the hang of it!!

Here is the roster, basically a list of demented escaped convicts...


This was the starting roster and Darris has been pretty lucky so far that no-one has noticed he's asleep for most of the missions (he always wears his aviators) and has actually snored his way up to Captain now!
Lance was also promoted recently, something to do with bravery I think - oh, and flying the plane for most of the time.
Gertrude the engineer is by far the best shot out of the gunners (his eyes both work and are the least crossed) and is also responsible for plugging up several of the others after they catch some bullets from the Luftwaffe!
Wankeyes does better than his name suggests when it comes time to drop the kegs...
Fuzzy in the radio room, is basically on borrowed time. He's been shot, blown up, burnt, crashed and suffocated... Wicked in a previous life perhaps??
Blamblam's taken a dislike to Fw190's and has brought down four of the buggers in one sitting! Amazing considering how much he preloads on moonshine before takeoff! Always to be found in the empty bomb bay with Dogmother (who, at the moment is in hospital getting a large caliber shell removed from his foot) playing strip poker and spanking Klum.
Squeezy the Navigator hasn't been threatened with aerial execution either as, quite astonishingly, he can both read AND knows what a map is. Amazing.

This is the 'Burt' as she stands now...


...minus the usual bullet holes and scribbled insults to the Germans (sigh, if only the crew could actually read and write...)

And this was the last Kite I took up. The ill-fated 'Cat and Badger'

Hmmm... not good... Hey, I can see my house from here!

Cool, so that's where I'm up to atm. More Painting and modelling to come, and if I can swing it, a bit more Flak, bombs and Bourbon over Europe!

Oh and...
 

I think I may have a problem...

Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment